BOSS COVID-19 POLICY & PROCEDURES
Dear BOSS community,
We will be running all our courses for 2021. Peer organizations have been running courses successfully this winter, and we believe we can run ours safely all season, barring unforeseen developments.
That said, COVID safety for students and staff this season will be a critical part of the year for BOSS and the Boulder community. We take our responsibility for student and staff safety very seriously.
be In early April, our medical advisor has recommended we update our COVID protocols based on new information and data from peer organizations.
Here are our requirements for our students (and staff) for the 2021 BOSS season:
Before coming to BOSS
1. We ask all students and staff to be meticulously responsible for the 10 days leading up to and during their travel to BOSS: please avoid all unnecessary contact with people not in your household.
2. We have pre-course testing requirements for all students (and staff):
If you are FULLY vaccinated, meaning two weeks since your second dose or single-dose only vaccination shot:
Please provide us with proof of your vaccination (e.g., vaccine card with dates) OR proof of a negative COVID-19 test (PCR, NAAT, Antigen, etc., are acceptable; not antibody tests) before arriving for your course.
If you are NOT vaccinated:
Please provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test (PCR, NAAT, Antigen, etc., are acceptable; not antibody tests).
While traveling to BOSS
Please follow CDC guidelines for travel:
1. Wear a mask over your nose and mouth. Masks are required on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations.
2. Avoid crowds and stay at least 6 feet/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from anyone who is not traveling with you.
3. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol) often.
4. When you arrive at BOSS (at our shuttle or at our property if you are driving) we will give you a rapid COVID test. A positive test result will exclude you from the course.
On your BOSS course
1. Once you board our shuttle or enter our campus, you will form a pod with your coursemates and instructors.
2. Expect daily temperature and symptom checks. If any student or staff member shows signs/symptoms of COVID-19, they will be given a rapid COVID test. If that test gives a positive result, they will be evacuated from the course.
For everyone’s safety, we are asking our staff to take even more stringent measures, including regular rapid testing.
Resources for making this policy and these procedures
– BOSS medical advisor
– Peer organizations
– SouthWest Utah Public Health Department
COVID-19 Cancellation Policies:
We’ve added additional cancellation policies for our 2021 season in response to COVID-19 following the example of our peer organizations.
– Students who cancel due to direct impacts of COVID-19 fall under our standard cancellation policies.
– Students who test positive for COVID-19 upon arrival for their course will not be allowed to join the course and be responsible for their lodging, transportation, and expenses thereafter. These students will receive a 100% tuition credit for a future course*.
– Students who fail to receive a test within five days before they come to BOSS or they do not provide proof of vaccination will not be allowed to join their course, and our standard cancellation policies will apply to these students.
– If BOSS cancels your course due to COVID-19 impacts or restrictions, BOSS will provide a 100% transfer*, credit*, or refund (minus non-recoverable processing fees**). BOSS will not cover any travel or lodging expenses lost.
BOSS strongly recommends all students purchase travel insurance to cover travel expenses and tuition impacted due to COVID-19 or other unforeseen circumstances.
*Tuition credit must be used in the 2021 or 2022 BOSS seasons.
**Processing fees: includes a $5.95 registration fee and 3.95% for credit card payment or 1.95% for eCheck payments made on tuition, per student. These fees come from the registration and credit card processing software we use and are non-refundable.
Contact us with any questions.