- First Year at BOSS: 2001
- Current Position: Owner and Program Director
- Hometown: Waterloo, Iowa
- Currently Resides In: Boulder, Utah and East Charleston, Vermont
I came to BOSS Because…
Having worked as a wilderness leader at other programs, I enjoyed trying to get by with a minimal amount of gear. I felt more free. I came to broaden my knowledge of primitive skills.
I Teach at BOSS Because…
I teach at BOSS because it is the most effective vehicle I have experienced to put people in “human context.” In other words, modern American Society is not a context humans evolved in and has negative effects on us. Experiencing a more “human” context can give clarity and help people realize what’s important in their lives.
Interesting Trivia about Steve:
- Designed and built his own off-the-grid home. Electricity, heating, refrigeration, and human waste management are all produced/processed on site.
- He has a private pilot’s license.
- Steve’s favorite food is Blood sausage.