- First Year at BOSS: 2004
- Current Position: Advanced Instructor
- Hometown: Aan Diego, California
- Currently Resides In: Nomadic
I came to BOSS Because…I first came to BOSS because I wanted to learn greater self-sufficiency, instead of feeling dependent on technological fixes.
I Teach at BOSS Because…I teach at BOSS because I love the canyons, deserts, and mountains of Southern Utah. This is an amazing place to learn new skills and share old ones.
Interesting Trivia about Lori:
- Lori has spent lots of time dog-sledding in Alaska, and has studied those qualities of life derived from traditional and early frontier culture. She has spent a considerable amount of time living in primitive conditions (no water, no electricity) in a cabin with a wood stove.
- Lori studied anthropology at Cornell, Princeton and Lewis & Clark College, focusing on the interaction between culture and ecology.
- Her favorite food is the pomegranate.