- First Year at BOSS: 2007
- Current Position: Apprentice
- Hometown: Krokstrand, Sweden
- Currently Resides In: Portland, Oregon
I came to BOSS Because…I first came to BOSS because I was curious. I needed a break and some concentrated “dirt time.” No one else in the country offers anything like the 28-day Field course.
I Teach at BOSS Because…I teach at BOSS because I want to continue to learn from and work with some of the best people in the business. The importance of facilitating a stronger connection with nature for people cannot be understated. I believe BOSS’s work is very important.
Interesting Trivia about Hannes:
- Hannes is one of BOSS’s most well-traveled staff members. He has been to Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Holland, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Spain, Andorra, Egypt, New Zealand, Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Canada, and throughout the USA.
- Hannes has spent time living with and learning traditional skills from the Sami, Maori, Basque and Native American cultures.
- He was educated at Central St. Martins College of Art in London and is an internationally published artist and designer.
- Hannes’ favorite food is smoked mackerel with sour cream and chives.