- First Year at BOSS: 2008
- Current Position: Specialist Instructor
- Hometown: Born in Ventura, California. Raised on a cattle ranch outside of Moab, Utah
- Currently Resides In: Castle Valley, Utah
I came to BOSS Because…
I came to BOSS to teach Flintknapping, I couldn’t say no because I love the folks that work there, and the atmosphere is like home.
I Teach at BOSS Because…
I love teaching because I love the thrill of sharing, and watching the excitement of students while learning. It isn’t knowledge if we don’t share it.
Interesting Trivia about Greg:
- Greg loves to hunt, using bow and arrow, guns or whatever it takes to fill the freezer. Right now, his freezer is filled with Buffalo, Deer, Elk, and Pronghorn.
- Greg likes almost all kinds of food. His grandfather used to say “You can’t poison a pig!” Favorites, however, are Chocolate Éclairs, Buffalo meat with extra fat, and Chile Rellenos.
- He is a part time gold miner, has a keen interest in Geology, and a deep understanding of how the earth we walk on was formed and deformed.
- For many years, Greg was a member of the American Penstemon Society. He is a wildflower freak, and very partial to Penstemons. All of the colors of the universe are represented in the Penstemon.
- He has spent three summers in Denmark and Sweden researching Neolithic Flint Daggers from Scandinavia.