- First Year at BOSS: 2006
- Current Position: Instructor
- Hometown: Boyne City, Michigan
- Currently Resides In: Boulder, Utah
I came to BOSS Because…I first came to BOSS because I was looking for an environmental education career and thought I could enhance my skills by taking a BOSS course. My interest in ethnobotany and traditional living skills attracted me to BOSS; getting to hike in Utah’s deserts and mountains for 28 days helped to confirm my decision.
I Teach at BOSS Because…I teach at BOSS because I love what I do! I believe in BOSS’s philosophy, and am happiest when I live it. I love guiding students toward personal growth and discovery, teaching traditional skills, and nature awareness. My passion is to learn and teach plant identification and values.
Interesting Trivia about Emily:
- Emily has a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies.
- Emily lived on the Blackfeet reservation in Browning, Montana and studied their culture and natural history for a semester in college.
- She loves to run and really likes gardening.
- Emily’s favorite food is dark chocolate.