- First Year at BOSS: 2001
- Current Position: Specialist Instructor
- Hometown: Eugene, Oregon
- Currently Resides In: Rexford, Montana
I came to BOSS Because…
I was asked to share my love of hidetanning in one of the most beautiful places I know of.
I Teach at BOSS Because…
The skills I teach are very much hands-on learning and BOSS is a place that values and encourages hands-on learning.
Interesting Trivia about Digger:
- loves the water and to paddle, especially kayaking and canoeing
- Digger finds a lot of joy in cooking for others. He gathers a lot of his own food and loves to share it. Just recently, he took a skunk to a potluck. (Skunk is quite fatty and good but most people expect it to taste like it smells.)
- Digger’s nickname was given to him because someone thought Doug was past tense and passive (dug), whereas Digger is active.
- He lives in a yurt year-round in Montana.
- For the last 17 years, Digger has made almost all of his own clothing. He primarily wears clothing that he’s made from hides. Every once in a while you’ll see him in a sweater.