Boulder Grants are designated for residents of Boulder, Utah. The Boulder Community has given much to BOSS and we are always looking for ways to give back to Boulder.
To receive a Boulder Grant, you must meet the basic requirements to attend BOSS and be a current resident of Boulder, Utah. Unlike BOSS grants, Boulder grants are not for a designated amount. We instead ask that applicants request funds required to attend BOSS. This means that Boulder Grants may potentially be larger than standard BOSS Grants.
Boulder Grants are awarded based on three criteria:
1) Financial Need
All scholarship funds come from our alumni. We have a commitment to them and to the world to use these funds to support people who really need the help. Therefore, we ask that applicants only request the amount of funding required to make the difference between being able to attend BOSS and not being able to attend BOSS.
2) Benefit to student
We want to be awarding scholarships to those we think are most likely to benefit from BOSS. The application includes an essay on why a student would like to attend BOSS. All instructors have been through the experience pesonally and guided many others and have a good sense of whether a particular course will fulfill a student’s needs.
3) Contribution to Boulder Community
We will accept applications from any resident of Boulder, Utah. Special consideration will be given to residents who have demonstrated a strong commitment to the Boulder community.
Rules for Boulder Grants:
- Must be a current resident of Boulder, Utah
- Students who receive Boulder Grants must complete all paperwork and deposits required for their course within 30 days of receiving the grant, otherwise the grant will be forfeited.
- A Boulder Grant can be used towards tuition for any BOSS Field Course, Skills Course or Explorer Course. (Note: This does not include WFR, WFR Recertification, or the Slickrock Gathering).
- Boulder Grants are not transferrable to other residents or to courses offered in future years.
- There is no deadline for Boulder Grants. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis as long as we have funding available. When our capacity is reached for 2015, we will stop accepting applications for Boulder Grants, so we encourage those who require funding to apply early.
- Applicants will be notified by email within 2-4 weeks.
- There is a $5 application fee for Slideroom, our hosting provider.
To apply for a Boulder Grant please fill out the application for Boulder Grants at: