At BOSS, we recognize that the quality of your experience with us depends on the quality of your instructors. Please use the links to the right to learn more about our current staff and how one can possibly work for BOSS.
Fort Collins, ColoradoStatus:
I CAME TO BOSS BECAUSE...
I wanted to learn how to live in harmony with the earth and use the natural resources she provides us all, thereby not having to depend entirely on modern gear for my survival.
I TEACH AT BOSS BECAUSE...
I believe BOSS programs help foster the virtue of practical wisdom, which allows other virtues, such as honesty, kindness, and courage to be displayed at the right time and in the right way. I trust that I'm having a positive influence on the world by being a part of BOSS and what it awards students and staff alike.
Interesting Trivia about Kirsten:
- Kirsten has traveled to 30 countries spanning the Northern Hemisphere.
- Living in Boulder year round, she spends the winter time painting withoils on canvas, aspiring to express her relationship with the Earththrough her artwork. (Also, she is a founding member of the Boulder Surrealist Coalition.)
- Last April, Kirsten went on a 26-day solo walkabout, traveling
throughout the Escalante Canyons regions as a practitioner of
primitive living skills.
- Kirsten has Bachelor of Arts degrees in Political Science and
Anthropology from Vanderbilt University.
- Kirsten loves pecan pie, but likes artichokes better…with butter.